Welcome to Protocol Architecture Subgroup of CNLAB & PANDA
The Protocol Architecture Subgroup of Communication Networks Lab (CNLAB) & Parallel, Networking and Distributed Applications (PANDA) is in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Victoria.
Our mission is to devise a flexible and scalable network architecture towards 6G. We will investigate the following major issues in the network protocol architecture:
- how network services and protocols should be organized and layered;
- how meet the QoS requirement guarantees in 6G;
- how to identify data, service, and function, and how to manage, allocate and resolve
conflicts in namespace;
Addressing and routing
- how to locate data, service, and function in networks, how to
manage the mapping between names and addresses, and how to route from a source for
possible one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one, and many-to-many endpoints;
Resource and mobility management
- how to forward hop by hop, based on the proactive and
reactive routing decision, and how to allocate resources at each hop and over the path, with
proactive mobility management.